Did you know September is National Preparedness Month? During this month, FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) and the Ad Council seek to raise awareness about the importance of being prepared if an emergency arises.
The types of emergencies vary depending on geographic location and weather. The key is ensuring you and your loved ones have everything you need.
The first step is to make a plan. When developing this plan, consider the following:
• How will you know there is an emergency? Are you connected to an emergency alert system?
• What is your plan for shelter if you need to leave your home?
• Have you planned out an evacuation route?
• Do you have a family communication plan?
• Do you have an emergency preparedness kit?
These are some things to consider when an emergency arises, and you can find specific tools to assist you at ready.gov/plan. We are also sharing tips on our social media channels throughout the end of this month. Please share this information with your family and friends. Let’s keep everyone safe!