April 8, 2022, CLEVELAND – Utility Scammers strike again, seeking to scare consumers into handing over their hard-earned money.
A customer recently reported receiving a call seeking immediate payment over the telephone, or their electric service would be interrupted. Thankfully the customer hung up the phone and contacted our offices.
If you receive a similar call, please report this activity to Public Utilities Security at (216) 443-2426. You should also call our offices and report the attempted scam. Here are a few things we will not do:
• Cleveland Public Power will not call your home asking for you to pay your bill
• Our staff will not visit your home seeking payment
Here are the ways Cleveland Public Power takes payments:
• You can make a payment, review your account, and view your electric consumption 24/7 by visiting cpp.org.
• Submit any questions via the inquiry form at https://www.cpp.org/Contact
• You can also make a payment any time by mail, by calling 216-446-6824, or by placing it in the drop box at 1201 Lakeside. Our Customer Service Call Center (216-664-4600) is available Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.